Friday, January 27, 2012

Tool 11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

Animoto is my favorite tool because students can use it for making trailers for their research papers.
This brings up the interest level in class.


2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?


I realize that people who place plans on paper for the technology of the future need to visit the classrooms that were created with the architecture of the past. While some of the plans can be implemented, not all are a viable option for teachers.  I still have problems with the clock in the back of my room that has not kept proper time in 45 years. I have enough wires hanging in my room to look lie a city in India.This will be a learning curve for older teachers. Take your Xanex now.



3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?


How much I like animoto.  The view of the future classroom seems to remove the teacher student relationship back a step.  I see a future where the teacher is replaced with one on a screen.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a good feeling about Animoto - that's one that students can begin using immediately and will take with them when they leave our campus. I enjoyed your comments, by the way. You are really good at painting the picture with your descriptions - I can totally see the wires in India! Thanks for the ride and congratulations on completing 11 Tools :)

    ReplyDelete