Friday, January 20, 2012

Tool #9

Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective?
Yes, because if it is not tied to the objective it is a waste of instructional time.


Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers?
Students should be accountable so that we know they are actually on task and completing the assignments rather than wasting time. It also gives them responsibility for expensive equipment.


Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like. How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?


The flashcard site was neat. I think I will share that one with my students very soon. I also took a look at thinkfinity. I did not see many resources that pertain to my subject area and grade.  
Students could use both of the sites for reviewing material.


List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?


Flashcard app could be used as well as the sites and apps pertaining to dictionaries and thesauruses. I also could see using the various news apps to promote class discussions.


What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station.
I think my students can use these devices for research primarily since my content area is a higher level.

No comments:

Post a Comment